For the most part, Blizzard focused on broader topics rather than specific class information. That doesn’t mean we didn’t learn nothing about Hunters though! I’ve picked up this information from various sources over the course of today. Just a reminder that a lot of this isn’t confirmed and can change.
The Hunter Class Hall
- We got further confirmation that it is located in Highmountain (a new zone in Legion).
- Again, referred to as a “hunting lodge” so you can guess what kind of environment it will be.
- Classes get unique bonuses from their class halls. The Hunter bonus is an exclusive (and presumably faster) flight path network in the Broken Isles. We fly around on eagles. This should be a sweet bonus before we get flying later in the expansion.
- We have this bonus because of a special relationship the Hunters have with the eagles of Highmountain.
- The “hearthstone” to send us back to our class hall is an eagle that swoops down and picks us up. We can then use the same eagle to instantly return to our original location (just like Death Gate).
Remember, this is all subject to change and was not released officially.
- Cobra Shot is now a Focus dump (replacing Arcane Shot) (source)
- Kill Command may no longer be exclusive to Beast Mastery. Survival looks like it may get it as well. (source)
- Focus Fire is gone (heard from Celestalon).
- Dire Beast is now a baseline rotational ability to generate Focus (heard from Celestalon).
- Blizzard will work to further emphasize how important pets are to this spec (no specifics).
- The reshuffling of abilities hints at huge changes to how the spec plays, regenerates focus, etc. Stay tuned.
- Classic abilities are back, including Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, and Lacerate.
- Survival may be getting Kill Command. (source)
- Blizzard saw that most Marksmanship Hunters used the Lone Wolf talent in Warlords of Draenor, so they decided to make the spec entirely pet-less.
- Old Survival abilities and mechanics may become Marksmanship-only TALENTS. Black Arrow was mentioned, as well as “procs” (presumably Lock and Load).
- Finally, it looks like we’re getting new bear models. After 11 years. It’s hard to tell in the above screenshot, but in motion they look fluffier and more high res in general. Darkbrew also reports that Dwarf Hunters start with the new bear model as their starter pet.
- There are also some neat looking cats shown above. Maybe these will be tameable as well.
- Someone spotted what looks like a new basilisk model in the background of one of the shots (really tiny, so hard to tell).
- Let’s hope the moose are tameable (or we riot).
Other misc. stuff
- Major Glyphs are being removed, but most of these effects will be baked into the abilities (we don’t know which yet).
- There will be tri-spec.
- If you fall behind your artifact on your other specs, there will be ways to help catch up. However, the relics are not part of this catch up mechanic. Relics are what determines the item level (and other bonuses) on your weapon. This is really awkward for switching between MM and BM if you ask me. For Survival it makes more sense.
- I had a post on the Hunter artifacts yesterday.
- Transmog wardrobe is account wide. I know I’m not the only one who plays a bunch of Hunters. You can stop farming duplicate sets on your other Hunters if you’re like me.
- Talents are getting a huge revamp. Many spec-specific talents. Most talent rows will be a choice between ability vs. proc vs. passive.
- Hints at spell animation and effects improvements. Hopefully this applies to Hunters.
We could be seeing a class blog about Hunters from Blizzard as soon as tomorrow, so we might know more soon. Also, closed beta will be launching in the coming weeks. I got in fairly early for Warlords, so hopefully I can do the same for Legion and bring you all the new information like I did during the Warlords beta (cross my fingers).
Did I miss anything? Let me know!