This week’s pet of the week is a bit late because my big video preview on the new pet families was posted in its place. Now we’ll get back to looking at individual hunter pets found in Draenor. Even though you can’t tame these yet, you’ll be able to look back on previous pets of the week and have a bunch of taming ideas when Warlords is released. If you’re like me, you’ll already be looking in your stable and figuring out which pets you’re willing to abandon to make room.
If you’re a fan of cat pets, I think you’ll like these new colors being added in Warlords. I’m partial to the white one myself. They can be found right smack dab in the middle of Talador. The white ones can also be found elsewhere in the zone. Some of them will be stealthed, others will be sleeping. There’s plenty of them to tame though.
It looks like Draenor isn’t getting any new cat models, which isn’t surprising considering they were just updated in Mists.
The highlight of this beta patch was a serious amount of new tameable hunter pets. We have two new pet families and a bunch of new pet skins to discover.
Let’s get the non-pet stuff out of the way first because there’s not much of it in this build:
- Glyph of Misdirection is back in the build. This has been absent from alpha/beta for a very long time, and some of us were beginning to get worried. It’s all good though.
- Misdirection is now learned at level 42 (old: level 76)
- Exotic Munitions: Poisoned Ammo has been buffed slightly (40% AP to 48% AP)
- Exotic Munitions: Frozen Ammo has had its damage nerfed considerably (40% weapon damage down to 15%). There should no longer be a question of what munition does the most damage on single target.
- Hunter WoD PvP Marksmanship 4P Bonus: Aimed Shot reduces the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 5 sec.
- All enchants have been buffed. For example, cloak enchants now grant 250 seconday stats (up from 200).
- Scopes have been buffed (from 750 to 938 stats)
Duskfang is the only tamable cat to use the “Black Saber Cat” skin and can be found in Swamp of Sorrows. Since it’s is a quest mob, it will always be up and available for taming. It’s one of my more favorite cats and is usually what I run with if I need to provide a mastery buff as survival. Also matches well with the Panther Cub battle pet.
Duskfang is level 55 and can be found inside the cave at 11,34 on the far east side of Swamp of Sorrows.