Updated with a Thrill of the Hunt change coming in a future build (bottom of post).
Not much to report regarding hunters in this build, just some small number tuning and a few other tidbits.
- Arcane Shot (BM/SV) now deals 100% weapon damage (down from 114%)
- Aimed Shot (MM) now deals 350% weapon damage (down from 385%)
- Explosive Shot (SV) now deals 42% attack power damage per tick (down from 46%)
- Serpent Sting (SV) now deals 175% attack power damage over 15 sec (down from 225%)
- Cobra Strikes (BM) now has a 20% chance per Arcane Shot to grant 1 charge of Cobra Strikes, causing your pet’s next basic attack to crit (Old: 15% chance to grant 2 charges)
- Enhanced Basic Attacks (BM perk) now has a 15% chance to reset the basic attack cooldown and make the next one free (down from 20%)
Continue reading WoD Beta 18764: Hunter number tuning, round 2
Well, that didn’t last very long.
R.I.P. Bear Trap, for the second time (it was originally slated to be added in Wrath before being removed in that beta). It sounds like there isn’t going to be a replacement either. When Celestalon says it’s “not needed without Readiness” I think he means one of the reasons they added Bear Trap in the first place was so Survival would have a DPS cooldown affected by the stat. However, now that Readiness is kaput, they feel like there’s no need for it.
Continue reading R.I.P. Bear Trap, 40-second Bestial Wrath, and 7-second Disengage
The change to Disengage in patch 5.4 to allow it to work out of combat was one of the best modifications made to the hunter class this entire expansion if you ask me. Such a simple change, but oh so fun.
If you haven’t been using the Glyph of Disengage, I highly suggest equipping it. When you combine with with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera and Assurance of Consequence you’re looking at a mere 7 second cooldown. I sincerely hope readiness rating in Warlords will still apply to this. There are 3 awesome things about Disengage:
- You can move around significantly faster unmounted by using the jump-disengage technique.
- You can survive falls from any height without slow fall.
- AFKing in cities is fun again. In Dalaran, I ran laps. Now, in Shrine, I do hunter parkour.
Continue reading I love Disengage