Don’t ask me how the physics work here or how those tiny wings can support such a front-heavy bodyweight which is apparently 90% beak, 10% feathers. Let’s just hope your group or raid needs a versatility buff at some point so you have more excuses to use these adorable freaks of nature.
Toucans (officially called Axebeaks, a fitting name) are part of the Bird of Prey family. They bring Tenacity (not to be confused with the pet spec), and Trick, which you can use to make them do loops at your side.
They come in four colors. Here’s a short video.
The highlight of this beta patch was a serious amount of new tameable hunter pets. We have two new pet families and a bunch of new pet skins to discover.
Let’s get the non-pet stuff out of the way first because there’s not much of it in this build:
- Glyph of Misdirection is back in the build. This has been absent from alpha/beta for a very long time, and some of us were beginning to get worried. It’s all good though.
- Misdirection is now learned at level 42 (old: level 76)
- Exotic Munitions: Poisoned Ammo has been buffed slightly (40% AP to 48% AP)
- Exotic Munitions: Frozen Ammo has had its damage nerfed considerably (40% weapon damage down to 15%). There should no longer be a question of what munition does the most damage on single target.
- Hunter WoD PvP Marksmanship 4P Bonus: Aimed Shot reduces the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 5 sec.
- All enchants have been buffed. For example, cloak enchants now grant 250 seconday stats (up from 200).
- Scopes have been buffed (from 750 to 938 stats)
More fun hunter stuff from the Warlords of Draenor alpha has been datamined! First up, it looks like all buffs will be able to be provided by non-Exotic pets, including bloodlust/heroism. It appears that some exotic pets will be getting new special abilities instead of having access to exclusive buffs.
We currently know about 5 new pet families in Warlords:
- Rylak (Exotic) — Haste, Stamina, and Slow fall
- Riverbeast — Mortal Wounds (reduced healing)
- Hydra — Mastery buff
- Stags – Versatility buff
- Clefthooves (Exotic) — Versatility, Multistrike, and damage reduction.
To learn more about the new pet families in Warlords, check out this video.
Below is a handful of the new pets you’ll find in Draenor.