The highlight of this beta patch was a serious amount of new tameable hunter pets. We have two new pet families and a bunch of new pet skins to discover.
Let’s get the non-pet stuff out of the way first because there’s not much of it in this build:
- Glyph of Misdirection is back in the build. This has been absent from alpha/beta for a very long time, and some of us were beginning to get worried. It’s all good though.
- Misdirection is now learned at level 42 (old: level 76)
- Exotic Munitions: Poisoned Ammo has been buffed slightly (40% AP to 48% AP)
- Exotic Munitions: Frozen Ammo has had its damage nerfed considerably (40% weapon damage down to 15%). There should no longer be a question of what munition does the most damage on single target.
- Hunter WoD PvP Marksmanship 4P Bonus: Aimed Shot reduces the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 5 sec.
- All enchants have been buffed. For example, cloak enchants now grant 250 seconday stats (up from 200).
- Scopes have been buffed (from 750 to 938 stats)
Hook wasps were originally slated to be in their own Exotic Pet family, but Blizzard later decided to just merge them with regular wasps. I can only hope the special ability they were going to have, Flutter, will make it into the rylak repertoire or some other pet family in the future.
I’ve always had a soft spot for wasp pets, I don’t know why. They’re not particularly pleasant to look at, but there’s something cool about having a giant wasp as a pet. The video below shows the new hook wasp model in action.
The previously announced Hook Wasp exotic pets are going to be folded into the regular Wasp family and will no longer be exotic. Replacing them as the new exotic family in Warlords will be the Rylaks. If you’re wondering what a Rylak is, it’s the same thing as an Iron Skyreaver mount (minus the rocket boosters) as seen above.
Nope, this pet isn’t Princess Huhuran, though up until recently the princess was the only one who used this particular model and skin. This here is Cida, a rare wasp found in Felwood which was added to the game in patch 5.2. Why would you tame Cida over Huhuran? Because Cida retains her large size once tamed unlike the rest of the wasps (or any other pet for that matter). I wouldn’t necessarily recommend using this one in a raid unless you want the melee and tanks to hate you, but it’s extremely fun in PvP. I named mine Anaphylaxis.
Cida is level 45 and spawns at precisely 45,32 in Whisperwind Grove in Felwood. Cida doesn’t patrol or have any other spawn points. The respawn timer is anywhere from 3-6 hours.