It sure has been slow on the news front ever since the Legion announcement, eh? Blizzard wasn’t kidding when they said they’d be more tight-lipped about things this time around (can’t say I blame them after Warlords). We did get a few new tidbits of info today, and when I say “tidbits” I really mean that. This is all sourced from a live-tweeting of an unofficial WoW panel at Dragoncon.
It’s a bit of a silly way to disseminate information like this IMO, though I won’t complain about getting some new info. Here’s a rundown of the cool stuff. Keep in mind this is all obtained from secondhand tweets and can’t be taken as a promise or official information.
- Survival is getting a harpoon ability to pull targets into melee range. Basically a DK grip but cooler because it’s like Scorpion. 😛 (source)
- Survival is 100% going to be melee and they aren’t rethinking that decision. They understand some people will be upset but they think the diversity in gameplay is good. (source)
- No other classes will be using ranged weapons any time soon. Rogues can stop hoping to use hunter weapons. 😛 (source)
- No Gnome Hunters yet. “When it makes sense” … sorry, but when would it ever make sense? Just give it to us! 😀 (source)
- Professions undergoing some major overhauls. Still can only equip 3 crafted pieces but you’ll still be able to upgrade them (though in a different manner). Profession cooldowns are mostly going away.
- No new Major Glyphs, but existing ones should stay (source)
- Multistrike is being removed. No mention of Survival’s new attunement stat. (source)
- Upcoming transmog system may be account wide. Yay, now all my alt hunters will have a full suite of transmog gear! (source)
- Some classes will have spec and resources renamed, but no word on Hunters in this regard. (source)
No new Major Glyphs is OK with me, but I hope this means they focus on making more cool minor glyphs.
Survival getting a DK grip is great for their utility, though I think I still would have preferred a grappling ability that pulled the Hunter towards the target instead.
Another thing that was briefly teased was something called “adventure mode.” We have to wait until BlizzCon to find out what that is as this will supposedly be the last “info dump” until then.
I’m taking a break from serious raiding. I’m just not in the mythic progression mindset right now. I was happy enough clearing Heroic HFC, and getting a solid set of ilvl 715 average gear outside of mythic (though I did snag the mythic gun!). At this point I’m not sure if I’ll return to raiding before Legion. Maybe the bug will catch me in a few months, who knows? I needed the break after missing hardly any raid nights since the start of BRF back in February.
I am enjoying flying in Draenor and have taken it upon myself to level up one of my alts who was still at 90. Leveling with flying is insanely quick and actually a lot of fun.
I equipped all the heirlooms that give me XP bonus, along with my Garrosh bow and the Touch of the Void trinket. Firstly, let me say how OP this trinket is. It can easily do 50% of your DPS if all the tentacles are in range of your target. It’s so OP they won’t allow you to use it in current raids.
As for the leveling itself, it mostly consists of flying around and collecting treasures (which gives a huge amount of XP) and then doing my favorite quests in each zone. Yeah, playing this way will result in me hitting 100 with hardly any followers, but I don’t plan on playing the garrison at all on this toon. I’m just doing this for fun, and having more toons to do mount runs is never a bad thing. Once I hit 100 I plan on gearing him up purely with Timewalking dungeons.
My other goal is to get 200 toys for the Crashin’ Trashin’ title. I still have a way to go at 181 toys, so I probably won’t get it until Hallow’s End or Winter’s Veil. I’m behind on the toys from the Darkmoon Faire races, and there’s a few others I can work towards in the meantime. Then there’s plenty more coming with future holidays.
This is all stuff I have an interest in pursuing again now that all my WoW time isn’t spent raiding. Plus there’s so many games to play… Diablo 3, Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid 5, Dragon Age Inquisition DLC, and soon Fallout 4. I wouldn’t have time for raiding anyway! I’ll be back to it in Legion for sure though.
Lastly, if you follow the Hunting Party Podcast you probably noticed we skipped the last episode. Some of us were busy and it didn’t work out. Being light on news, we just decided to skip to the next one. This Sunday’s show should be happening for sure though, and we’ve got a few more things to talk about which is nice.
That’s all for now. Time to go be a filthy casual.