Beta build 18537 went up and with it comes the third round of changes to hunter tier 17 set bonuses. There’s some real cool stuff here, but knowing how often these have changed so far, don’t get too attached. Although I’m sort of already attached to this new BM one…
- 2-piece bonus: Kill Command has a 25% chance to reset the cooldown of Bestial Wrath.
- 4-piece bonus: While Bestial Wrath is active, one additional pet is summoned to fight with you.
The 4p bonus was unchanged from before, only the 2p bonus is new. Yeah, so, this is pretty awesome. The best pet is a big red pet. These are the types of set bonuses I’d come up with on a wish list. Stuff that is sitting right on the line dividing realistic and too good to be true. I know some people dislike RNG bonuses like this, but I’ve always liked them.
I still wonder if the 4p bonus is just going to summon a Dire Beast or if it’ll be an actual pet from your current active pets with full abilities and all (or at least basic attacks).
What I would change: Nothing, except maybe a guarantee that the second pet it pulls out will be the first available one in your list. Say you have pet 3 summoned, it will summon pet 1. If you have pet 1 summoned, it would summon pet 2.
- 2-piece bonus: Black Arrow deals damage 33% more often.
- 4-piece bonus: When you hit a target with Explosive Shot, your multistrike damage is increased by 25% for 3 sec.
Even more multistrike emphasis for survival. Keep in mind that Black Arrow now procs Lock and Load solely from multistrikes. It also now ticks every 3 seconds (it ticks every 2 sec on live servers). This bonus is just going to give you more chances at LnL procs with 2 second ticks.
The 4p is just another reminder to favor multistrike. The uptime on this will be extremely high… well over 50%. These two bonuses aren’t nearly as fun as the BM ones (in my opinion).
What I would change: Have the 4p bonus be something else for Explosive Shot. I don’t think we need even more multistrike incentive here. Something like:
- Explosive Shot now consumes your next Lock and Load charge if available, causing it to deal twice the damage. Cost remains 15 focus. (In other words, you can bleed off stacks twice as fast, save some focus, and have more burst in the process).
- 2-piece bonus: Aimed Shot critical strikes restore 10 additional focus.
- 4-piece bonus: While Rapid Fire is active, your critical strike damage is increased by 5% per second.
Let me translate the 2p bonus for you: Aimed Shot crits are free to cast (most of the time). The perk already refunds 20 focus, this brings it up to 30 (or the cost of an Aimed Shot under the effects of Thrill of the Hunt). Fervor? Dire Beast? What are those?
The 4p bonus is kind of fun. If you manage to crit with a shot during the last second of Rapid Fire, it’ll have 270% crit damage. Stack that with, say, another 20% from Sniper Training, and damn! Close to 300% crit damage. I can see myself delaying Chimera Shot until the very end of Rapid Fire to try to snag that massive crit. I would wager that Careful Aim’s benefit during Rapid Fire won’t make it much of a loss to delay. I’ll leave it up to the math experts to figure that one out.
What I would change: I would change the 2-piece so Thrill of the Hunt doesn’t seem like the only option in that talent tier. Here’s what I would change it to:
- Sniper Training’s duration is increased by 100%.
If you want to see what the old bonuses were, you can see them here. I prefer the new ones overall, and I’m definitely most excited about the BM ones.