The amazing header image for this post was created by Draven aka SpiritBinder of WarcraftMounts.com. Unfortunately, Chimaera Shot doesn’t look quite that cool in the game!
Another build, another round of hunter changes. The biggest is the newly updated Chimaera Shot (formerly Chimera Shot), but there are also some new perks, some updated visuals, and several bug fixes.
- Renamed Chimaera Shot (old: Chimera Shot)
- Now hits 2 targets, one for frost damage, and one for nature damage.
- On a single target, it randomly chooses nature or frost damage.
- Still does the same damage as old Chimaera Shot, there seems to be no penalty for the new cleave component.
- Each Chimaera “head” independently crits and multistrikes.
- Seems to choose the closest target for the second shot.
- Currently it’s not “smart” and will break CC on the secondary target.
- The visuals might be temporary since they are using a Dragonhawk head rather than a Chimaera!
Continue reading WoD Beta 18566: The new Chimaera Shot (and more!)
Celestalon has been tweeting more about hunters, and we have some good news for both survival and marksmanship to talk about. None of these changes are in the build (or patch notes) yet, but they should hopefully make it in soon so we can test them.
Lock and Load
We’ll start with the survival changes. One is a nice quality of life change (and opens up some new gameplay avenues), and the other will help survival at lower multistrike levels. In case you haven’t been keeping up with the news, Black Arrow now procs 1 charge of Lock and Load every time it multistrikes.
Patch 6.0 at level 90 would have been really awkward without this baseline chance. If you have Haromm’s Talisman, you should be able to get around ~20% total multistrike with the appropriate raid buff (more if they add level 90 versions of the multistrike flasks and food) when patch 6.0 launches.
Continue reading WoD Beta: Improvements to Lock and Load and Chimera Shot on the way
The vast majority of hunter changes in this build are tooltip changes for clearer wording, or to merge two abilities into one to reduce spellbook clutter. Piercing Shots is still listed in this build even though it’s supposedly getting removed, but I would wager that it’s just an oversight. The Enhanced Piercing Shots perk for marksmanship, which would have added Piercing Shots to Multi-Shot, has been changed to Improved Chimera Shot. Before we get started, keep in mind that some of these set bonuses could still change.
Beast Mastery T17 Set Bonuses
- 2-piece: Kill Command has a 25% chance to increase the size and damage of your pet by 10% for 8 seconds.
- 4-piece: While Bestial Wrath is active, one additional pet is summoned to fight with you.
These are much nicer than the old temporary ones. The 2-piece bonus lasts just long enough so you can apply its bonus to your next Kill Command.
The 4-piece sounds like it might just be an extra Dire Beast summon that pops during Bestial Wrath, which means probably only melee attacks and no specials. I hope I’m wrong and it pulls another one of your active pets with all its abilities intact (or at least claw/bite/smack). That would be very nice.
Continue reading WoD Alpha build 18443: Hunter tier 17 armor revealed, new set bonuses