Updated with a Thrill of the Hunt change coming in a future build (bottom of post).
Not much to report regarding hunters in this build, just some small number tuning and a few other tidbits.
- Arcane Shot (BM/SV) now deals 100% weapon damage (down from 114%)
- Aimed Shot (MM) now deals 350% weapon damage (down from 385%)
- Explosive Shot (SV) now deals 42% attack power damage per tick (down from 46%)
- Serpent Sting (SV) now deals 175% attack power damage over 15 sec (down from 225%)
- Cobra Strikes (BM) now has a 20% chance per Arcane Shot to grant 1 charge of Cobra Strikes, causing your pet’s next basic attack to crit (Old: 15% chance to grant 2 charges)
- Enhanced Basic Attacks (BM perk) now has a 15% chance to reset the basic attack cooldown and make the next one free (down from 20%)
Continue reading WoD Beta 18764: Hunter number tuning, round 2
WoD beta build 18505 just hit the servers and with it comes some pretty substantial changes for marksmanship and survival hunters.
- Marksmanship’s mastery is no longer Wild Quiver, and is now Sniper Training.
- When you stand still for 3 seconds, you gain Sniper Training for 6 sec, which increases your damage, shot range, and critical strike damage by 4%.
It seems like Blizzard is really pushing for marksmanship to be the turret spec. The synergy here with Focusing Shot has enormous potential if this style of play is something you’re interested in. The 4% value is the base mastery, it will be higher with mastery gear. On the beta I got it up to 10% with gear and buffs. Some of you may remember the old Sniper Training talent from back in the day, but that one was just increased damage. This new version adds critical hit damage and shot range. The shot range bit is pretty interesting. 50 yard shots? Very, very cool. I’ve done a quick bit of testing on the beta and it appears that it takes 3 seconds to activate. It doesn’t start counting down from 6 seconds until you begin moving.
The real question is if we’ll be able to give up our bunny-hopping, DPS-on-the-move freedom and revert back to turret style. What do you think?
After testing this for a bit on the beta, one thing it REALLY needs is some kind of visual to let you know you have it. Otherwise, it’s basically a “WeakAuras required” thing to get the most out of it.
Continue reading Marksmanship mastery and Lock and Load changes, T17 Mythic armor