The highlight of this beta patch was a serious amount of new tameable hunter pets. We have two new pet families and a bunch of new pet skins to discover.
Let’s get the non-pet stuff out of the way first because there’s not much of it in this build:
- Glyph of Misdirection is back in the build. This has been absent from alpha/beta for a very long time, and some of us were beginning to get worried. It’s all good though.
- Misdirection is now learned at level 42 (old: level 76)
- Exotic Munitions: Poisoned Ammo has been buffed slightly (40% AP to 48% AP)
- Exotic Munitions: Frozen Ammo has had its damage nerfed considerably (40% weapon damage down to 15%). There should no longer be a question of what munition does the most damage on single target.
- Hunter WoD PvP Marksmanship 4P Bonus: Aimed Shot reduces the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 5 sec.
- All enchants have been buffed. For example, cloak enchants now grant 250 seconday stats (up from 200).
- Scopes have been buffed (from 750 to 938 stats)
The rhino family has been renamed to the clefthoof family. The clefthooves in both Outland and Draenor can be tamed, and it certainly spices up the old Rhino family which previously only had a few colors available. Clefthooves are exotic pets which bring 2 buffs with Wild Strength — 3% Versatility and 5% Multistrike — as well as Thick Hide, a passive survivability increase.
The new stag family was just added in this build, and it includes all stags and talbuks found throughout Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor. Thus far I’ve only tamed some Pandaria stags and Outland talbuks. The Draenor talbuks haven’t been flagged as tameable yet (but they should be eventually). Old world stags (pretty much anything with antlers) will also be tameable. The stag buff is called Grace, and it gives your raid the 3% Versatility buff.
New colors for existing pets
It all started with a little tweet from Muffinus. I had just tamed some clefthooves and stags and thought that was it.
@BendakWoW There *may* be some new moth/tiger friends in Talador, and fireflies in SMV, Not sure if they made it this build.
— Jeremy Feasel (@Muffinus) August 5, 2014
Nope! There was more. I headed to Talador and discovered some new moths and a striking new cat. They all use existing models, but the skins are brand new. I let Muffinus know that these new pets indeed made it into this build, but he needed proof.
— Bendak (@BendakWoW) August 5, 2014
I took the Stampede shot and a few individual pictures which you can find below (click to embiggen).
I also found the new firefly (wasp) he mentioned. You might remember these little guys from Zangarmarsh. This one is pretty close to one that already exists, only its more purple than pink. I also posed for a matching talbuk mount and pet moment, and checked out another clefthoof in Frostfire Ridge.
Then I got word some new pets had shown up in Gorgrond. If you read this site, you probably saw the last Pet of the Week feature on Draenor Raptors. A couple of colors were missing but this build added them in. There was also some slight modifications done to the toucan skins. I’ve included one example below.
Oh, and there’s another new cat. The Elder Ridge Prowler, which you’ll find stealthed near the Shattrath flight point:
About those rylaks…
The new rylak family abilities were added in this build, but all of the tameable rylaks I checked out were still part of the chimaera family. I am really excited to play around with their Updraft ability. Hopefully it gets sorted out in the next build. Rylaks also bring Savage Vigor (haste and stamina buffs).
That’s all for now. See you at the next beta build.