More fun hunter stuff from the Warlords of Draenor alpha has been datamined! First up, it looks like all buffs will be able to be provided by non-Exotic pets, including bloodlust/heroism. It appears that some exotic pets will be getting new special abilities instead of having access to exclusive buffs.
We currently know about 5 new pet families in Warlords:
- Rylak (Exotic) — Haste, Stamina, and Slow fall
- Riverbeast — Mortal Wounds (reduced healing)
- Hydra — Mastery buff
- Stags – Versatility buff
- Clefthooves (Exotic) — Versatility, Multistrike, and damage reduction.
To learn more about the new pet families in Warlords, check out this video.
Below is a handful of the new pets you’ll find in Draenor.
Continue reading New Hunter pets and pet buffs in Warlords
The fine folks over at Wowhead have been datamining the alpha client and there’s a few more huntery things to share, including 4 new glyphs.
- Glyph of Snake Trap (Major) — Your Ice Trap is replaced with Snake Trap. Venomous snakes released by the trap will poison nearby enemies with a Crippling Poison that reduces movement speed by 50% for 12 sec.
- It looks like Snake Trap is being removed as a baseline trap, but for those who will miss it, you can turn your Ice Trap back into Snake Trap. The only difference is the snakes will only use Crippling Poison.
- Glyph of Quick Revival (Major) — Your Revive Pet is now instant but costs 80 Focus.
- I would have a hard time using up a major glyph slot on this one. With Heart of the Phoenix, and now that Revive Pet’s cast time is already below 2 seconds with haste… it just doesn’t seem that appealing to me, but it may have use in specific soloing situations.
- Glyph of Deep Frost (Major) — Victims of your Freezing Trap are now immune to any damage for its duration.
- Sooo… what if we want to break the target out early? In PvP its not as much of an issue, but the 1 min duration in PvE could be annoying. On the other hand, there are probably situations where it would be nice to lock down an add for a minute and not have to worry about it breaking.
- Glyph of Play Dead (Minor) — Your pet also plays dead when you use Feign Death.
- How adorable. Seriously, this is a pretty fun sounding minor glyph.
As a bonus, check out this BoP engineer crafted gun, Shrediron’s Face Shredder.
Update 8/22: This article is still mostly accurate but is slightly depreciated. It will give you a good overview of the overall changes but you may want to view more recent posts under the Survival tag for more info and recent opinions.
If you missed it yesterday, Blizzard released the first version of patch notes for the Warlords of Draenor alpha. I’ve summed up all the relevant hunter info in this post if you want to catch up.
Over the next few weeks, I’m going to be looking at some of the individual changes in separate posts such as this one — my opinions on them, and what I think they mean for hunters. Today I’m going to start with the survival spec changes as there seems to be a lot of discussion and concern over the removal of Kill Shot from survival’s toolkit. The news isn’t all bad though. Survival may actually live up to its namesake now.
Continue reading A closer look at survival hunters in Warlords of Draenor