Hook wasps were originally slated to be in their own Exotic Pet family, but Blizzard later decided to just merge them with regular wasps. I can only hope the special ability they were going to have, Flutter, will make it into the rylak repertoire or some other pet family in the future.
I’ve always had a soft spot for wasp pets, I don’t know why. They’re not particularly pleasant to look at, but there’s something cool about having a giant wasp as a pet. The video below shows the new hook wasp model in action.
Continue reading Pet of the Week: Hook Wasps
The previously announced Hook Wasp exotic pets are going to be folded into the regular Wasp family and will no longer be exotic. Replacing them as the new exotic family in Warlords will be the Rylaks. If you’re wondering what a Rylak is, it’s the same thing as an Iron Skyreaver mount (minus the rocket boosters) as seen above.
Continue reading Hook Wasps are joining the Wasp family, Rylaks will be exotic
A new Warlords of Draenor alpha build just went up and MMO-C has begun the datamining. We have some tantalizing new hunter changes including the replacement for Flaming Shots in the level 100 talent tier. Here’s a summary of what’s new or changed:
- Distracting Shot is back! It was removed previously as part of ability pruning but it seems Blizzard has listened to the feedback. We like our Distracting Shot. 🙂
- Misdirection now redirects threat for 8 seconds, down from 60 minutes. They decided to ditch the 1 hour MD for something else, which we don’t know of yet (it’s not in this build).
- A lot of spells have had their damage reduced (for example, Multi-Shot went from 60% to 30% weapon damage), but this is nothing to be alarmed over. It’s all part of the tuning process.
Continue reading Alpha Update: New level 100 hunter talent and more
Below is a consolidated list of hunter changes from the Warlords of Draenor beta.
I will be updating this post every time new patch notes or major revelations from blue tweets are released (the latest updates will be in red). I’ll also bump it to the front of the blog when any major updates happen.
Last updated: August 22, 2014
Probably one of the final updates.
Continue reading Hunter patch notes from Warlords beta
More fun hunter stuff from the Warlords of Draenor alpha has been datamined! First up, it looks like all buffs will be able to be provided by non-Exotic pets, including bloodlust/heroism. It appears that some exotic pets will be getting new special abilities instead of having access to exclusive buffs.
We currently know about 5 new pet families in Warlords:
- Rylak (Exotic) — Haste, Stamina, and Slow fall
- Riverbeast — Mortal Wounds (reduced healing)
- Hydra — Mastery buff
- Stags – Versatility buff
- Clefthooves (Exotic) — Versatility, Multistrike, and damage reduction.
To learn more about the new pet families in Warlords, check out this video.
Below is a handful of the new pets you’ll find in Draenor.
Continue reading New Hunter pets and pet buffs in Warlords